Proven rail experience in:
- Locomotive crew cab design and engineering;
- Assessment of primary and secondary railcar structure;
- Design and engineering of fiber reinforced plastic components;
- Lean manufacturing principles applied to railcar and locomotive production lines;
- Communication and working with Asian engineering and production facilities;
- Working knowledge of AS7500 series Rail Standards;
- Production line technical support providing a Technical Liaison Engineer service on a daily basis;
- Design of custom test rigs for the qualification of new rail products.
- Design and modification of major sections of underground longwall coal mining equipment;
- Investigation of structural failures of longwall equipment;
- Open cut mining dragline fatigue monitoring of booms and tubs.
- ROPS/FOPS advanced design and testing. Computer simulation of ROPS testing. Final stage applicant for ACARP funding into developing a modular ROPS system;
- Dynamic simulation of mobile plant to predicted product lifespan as a function of roadway condition;
- Vehicle testing and verification of modifications using data acquisition sensor packages including linear transducers, accelerometers and strain gauges;
- Lift arm, chassis and drivetrain analysis. Analysis and verification of custom hydraulic rams and valve blocks.
- Composite/Fiber Reinforced Plastic Impact protection systems.
- Guarding around high kinetic energy equipment.
- Anti-terrorism and vandal resistance of assets.
- Expert witness to both state and federal courts.
- Technical services to law firms.
- Failure investigations.
- Insurance damage evaluations.
New Areas of Expansion
- Industrial Robotics
- Automated Manufacturing
- Machine Electronic Monitoring
- Unmanned/Autonomous Vehicles